- By clicking the three dots on the playlist, you can make your Spotify playlist private.
- Click on the three-dot menu and select “Make Private”.
- Spotify friends can also join your private listening sessions if you prefer not to share your activities.
How to make a Spotify playlist private on the desktop app
- Open Spotify on your computer or Mac.
- Using the left-hand sidebar, search for the playlist you wish to make private, or select it.
- Under the playlist’s title, click the three dots to the left of the large green Play button.
- You can make it private by clicking Make Private. If it already says Make Public, you can leave it that way.
How to make a Spotify playlist private on the mobile app
- You can open Spotify on your iPhone or Android device by opening the app.
- Search or navigate to the Your Library tab to find the playlist you want to make private.
- Under your playlist name, tap the three dots.
- The playlist should be made private automatically by tapping Make Private. A pop-up message should appear asking you to confirm.
How to set up a private listening session on Spotify
In the Friend Activity section of the app, friends can see what you’re listening to.Putting up a private listening session prevents that.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your desktop, open the Spotify app.
- The profile name can be found at the top of the screen near the right corner.
- Select the Private session option.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)